Meet the Need NC’s Hear. Share. Act.’s monthly Lunch & Learn Series takes place on the third Tuesday of each month from 12PM to 1PM. Each month, the series features a different topic intended to help people gain basic knowledge of the systems, programs, and services in place that serve individuals with intellectual and other developmental disabilities (I/DD). We encourage people in and outside the I/DD community who want to understand better the benefits of including people with IDD within their communities to attend.
Lunch & Learn Schedule
The HSA Lunch & Learn Series is held online via Zoom.
- October 17, 2023: Help Wanted! I/DD Workforce Crisis: Part 2 (Register here)
- November 21, 2023: I/DD and Mental Health (Register here)
- December 2023: No webinar – Happy Holidays!
- January 16, 2024: Topic to be announced (Register here)
- February 20, 2024: Topic to be announced. (Register here)
- March 19, 2024: Topic to be announced. (Register here)
- April 16, 2024: Topic to be announced. (Register here)
- May 21, 2024: Topic to be announced. (Register here)
- June 18, 2024: Topic to be announced. (Register here)
- August 20, 2024: Topic to be announced. (Register here)
Click on the title of the webinar to view the video recording. Please note that no recording is available for January through March. Also, check out our library of short video clips from the Lunch & Learn sessions. These clips highlight key points from each session.
- January 17: Basic to Basics: Disability Services in NC
- February 2: Building Relationships with Legislators
- March 21: How to Communicate Effectively
- April 18: Assessing I/DD Services: Part 1
- May 16: Assessing I/DD Services: Part 2
- June 20: Registry of Unmet Needs
- July 18: From ADA to Olmstead to the Innovations Waiver – Where Are We Now?
- August 15: I/DD and Health Disparities
- September 19: Help Wanted! I/DD Workforce Crisis: Part 1 (also available in Spanish)