The Advisory Council for just for Year 1. Now it transitions into the Steering Committee and Statewide Meet the Need ACTion Network.
For Year 1 of the Meet the Need NC initiative, the LAND program of MHTA established a 30+ person Advisory Council, bringing together agency leaders, family advocates, individuals with I/DD, research teams, and community organizations with a unified focus on educating, informing, and building grassroots efforts around meeting the unmet needs of individuals on the Medicaid Innovations Waiver waiting list in North Carolina.
Using a Collective Impact model, the Advisory Council – Year 1 helped to identify a common agenda for the Meet the Need NC initiative, sharing the ideal that a common agenda around issues is essential for systemic change in the I/DD Community in North Carolina. From our work together, we developed a Common Agenda infographic. Click to Download the English Version or Click to Download the Spanish Version
Members are associated with these organizations and should not be viewed as organization endorsement.
- Autism Society of NC
- Cansler Collaborative Resources
- CIDD (Carolina Institute for Developmental Disabilities)
- Community Bridges Consulting Group
- Disability Rights NC
- Duke Margolis Center for Health Policy
- Duke Psychiatry
- Family Support Network of North Carolina, UNC School of Social Work
- First in Families of North Carolina
- i2i Center for Integrative Health
- iRT (Innovation. Research. Training)
- LAND (Leadership Alliance for Neurodevelopmental Disabilities)
- MHTA (Mental Health Transformation Alliance)
- NC DPS – Division of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention
- NCCDD (North Carolina Council on Developmental Disabilities}
- NCWAT (NC Waiver Action Team)
- North Carolina Down Syndrome Alliance
- North Carolina Provider’s Council
- O’Neill Communications Inc.
- PACID (Parents of Adult Children with I/DD)
- Reality Ministries
- Self-Advocates and Advocates (People with I/DD or their families/caretakers)
- Social workers, psychologists, psychiatrist, nurse practitioners
- The Arc NC
- Vaya Healthtransitions